Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Piano

Can you believe I wrote 7 pages today? Neither can I. But somehow I worked for 10 hours and wrote and wrote. I think this chapter will be the best one.

I have been playing piano a lot. I was thinking about how it's been a part of my life, and really my primary emotional outlet, but it's not like it naturally evolved somehow. It's not like a talent for singing or dance or writing, which require minimal training. With piano, I had to learn how to read music, and there's a lot of technique as well that you have to develop before you can use the instrument with enough proficiency that you're thinking about the music and not how to play the notes. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm really grateful to my parents for providing me with the opportunity to learn something that I'll use the rest of the my life. They're not musicians, no one in my family is, but they saw it as something from which I would benefit. I just wish I could have continued with lessons. Next goal: to recommence lessons and work towards getting my grade 10 and teaching certificate!

No comments: