Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Far Beyond the Stars, Thesis

I just saw the episode of DS9 "Far Beyond the Stars." It's really one of the best ones. Gosh, Avery Brooks is amazing, both as actor and director. There's a scene near the end that will have you in tears. It's really difficult to make an episode so "meta" but somehow they pull it off without being gimmicky. Watch it!

I've been thinking about why I'm having so many problems writing my thesis. It's hard to sit down and concentrate, but that's not the whole problem. I need more time to live with me ideas, and more time to develop them. What I have written down seems to me basically a list of interesting things loosely connected. If I were in grading mode, I would write "consequences? develop" in the margins. I am disappointed primarily because I think it could be quite good, but I probably don't have the time. If my fall job doesn't require me to have completely finished my degree, I think I may try to extend the thesis into the fall... Yes, it's time for me to leave school, but my thesis is really important to me, and I would hate to shortchange it.

No comments: