Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Election Countdown

I intend to write more regularly.

There's a lot to be worried about. A recent article in Time magazine outlines what could potentially go wrong on election day to prevent an Obama victory. Yet I'm trying to stay optimistic. He's up in all the polls with many paths to an electoral majority. McCain, on the other hand, doesn't really have a lot of probable permutations that amount to 270. I'm impressed with the Obama ground game too, since it seems like they're doing a good job getting people to vote early. And there's always Sarah Palin, who seems to have been chosen in order to sabotage the GOP. My mother told her friend who supports Palin that she thinks only stupid people like her. Then she apologized, but I'm sure it was clear that she actually did mean what she said. I think it's really great that she's standing up to her conservative friends :-)

I'm re-listening to the Audacity of Hope in anticipation of election day. Obama reads the audiobook, which makes it all the better. I'm also having an election party--yay!

1 comment:

Sanjida said...

Your mother (!) knows people who like Sarah Palin. She didn't tell me that. Man, I am never moving back to Alberta.